Years: 2018 | 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003
Effective April 1, 2007, unless otherwise noted
- CONSTITUENCY ALLOWANCE - All Members are entitled to reimbursement for authorized expenses for the purpose of providing non-partisan access and service to constituents. The maximum amounts that may be reimbursed per region are:
For representation expenses, reimbursement is subject to a maximum annual limit of 15% of the Member's Constituency Allowance annual amount
- Winnipeg Region - $51,802.00
- Southern Region - $48,036.00
- Northern Region - $46,244.00
- TRAVEL ALLOWANCE - All Members are entitled to reimbursement for authorized travel expenses. The total amount of expenses eligible for reimbursement varies depending on the size and location of a constituency. The maximum amount of travel expenses eligible for reimbursement for Winnipeg Members is $5,500.00 per member. Out-of-Province travel expenses are subject to an annual maximum limit of $3,203.00.
- COMMUTER ALLOWANCE - Members representing constituencies outside Winnipeg and not entitled to or not claiming reimbursement for authorized temporary residence and living expenses may claim commuting and contingency stay expenses. Commuting trips are subject to a maximum of up to 6 round trips per week when the Assembly is sitting and up to 2 round trips per week when the Assembly is not sitting. Contingency stay expenses are subject to a maximum of up to 20 overnight stays per sessional period.
- LIVING ALLOWANCE - Members representing constituencies outside Winnipeg, who maintain a residence in both Winnipeg and their constituency, and whose residences in their constituencies are further than 50 kilometres from the Legislative Building are entitled to reimbursement for authorized temporary residence and living expenses. Temporary residence expenses may be claimed up to a maximum of $1,078.00 per month for rent and utilities. Living expenses may be claimed up to a maximum of $648.00 per month when the Assembly is sitting plus 2 additional months, plus any month in which special or standing committees meet. Otherwise the maximum is $136.00 a month.
- ALTERNATIVE LIVING ALLOWANCE - Members eligible for but not claiming temporary residence and living expenses in any month are entitled to reimbursement for authorized overnight stay expenses. The maximum is 8 overnight stays per month.
- ALLOWANCE FOR EXPENSES OF ATTENDING INTERSESSIONAL COMMITTEES - A Member who is a member of a Standing or Special Committee is entitled to reimbursement for authorized expenses incurred to attend an intersessional committee meeting. The amount of reimbursement is based on the actual expenses incurred by the Member, as approved by the Speaker.