Years: 2022 | 2021 | 2020 | 2019 | 2018 | 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003
Effective April 1, 2012, unless otherwise noted
- CONSTITUENCY ALLOWANCE - All Members are entitled to reimbursement for authorized expenses for the purpose of providing non-partisan access and service to constituents. Maximum annual amounts are set by region for Winnipeg, Southern and Northern Members. Authorized expenses fall under the four categories of Office Space, Office Operation, Staff Salaries and Representation. Equipment and furnishing items costing $179 and over are the property of the Legislative Assembly. Maximum annual amounts that may be reimbursed per region are:
For representation expenses, reimbursement is subject to a maximum annual limit of 15% of the Member's Constituency Allowance annual amount for a Winnipeg Member.
- Winnipeg Region - $56,461.00
- Southern Region - $52,354.00
- Northern Region - $50,401.00
- CONSTITUENCY OFFICE RENT ALLOWANCE - Effective October 1, 2012, all Members are entitled to claim authorized constituency office rent expenses up to the monthly limit of $1,250 per Member. Constituency office rent must be paid directly by the Legislative Assembly to the landlord in accordance with the Member's lease filed with the Members' Allowances Office and signed claim forms. Rent amounts exceeding the monthly limit are then claimable as an office space expense under the Member's Constituency Allowance.
- CONSTITUENCY ASSISTANTS ALLOWANCE - All Members are entitled to pay a constituency assistant(s) from this allowance, a salary including holiday and vacation pay to a bi-weekly maximum of $1,477.00. Effective September 5, 2012, the bi-weekly maximum is $1,727.00 The allowance also provides for the cost of employee benefits. Salary costs that are over the bi-weekly maximum are then claimable as a staff salary expense under the Member's Constituency Allowance.
- TRAVEL ALLOWANCE - All Members are entitled to reimbursement for authorized travel expenses. The maximum amount of travel expenses eligible for reimbursement for Winnipeg Members is $5,997.00 per member. For all other Members, the maximum amount for reimbursement varies depending on the size and location of the constituency. Effective September 5, 2012, each Southern Member's Travel Allowance was increased by 20% for the 2012/13 fiscal year. Out-of-Province travel expenses have an annual maximum limit of $3,494.00, within the Member's Travel Allowance amount.
- COMMUTER ALLOWANCE - Members representing constituencies outside Winnipeg and not entitled to or not claiming reimbursement for authorized temporary residence and living expenses may claim commuting and contingency stay expenses. Commuting trips are subject to a maximum of up to 6 round trips per week when the Assembly is sitting and up to 2 round trips per week when the Assembly is not sitting. Contingency stay expenses are subject to a maximum of up to 20 overnight stays per sessional period.
- LIVING ALLOWANCE - Members representing constituencies outside Winnipeg, who maintain a residence in both Winnipeg and their constituency, and whose residences in their constituencies are further than 50 kilometers from the Legislative Building are entitled to reimbursement for authorized temporary residence and living expenses. Temporary residence expenses such as rent and utilities if for rental accommodation or expenses such as property taxes, mortgage interest and utilities if for a second-owned residence may be claimed up to a maximum of $1,170.00 per month. Living expenses such as groceries, cleaning supplies and meals may be claimed up to a maximum of $709.00 per month when the Assembly is sitting plus 2 additional months, plus any month in which special or standing committees meet. Otherwise the maximum is $151.00 a month.
- MOVING ALLOWANCE - Effective for Members elected on or after October 4, 2011, a Member who is eligible for the Living Allowance is also eligible for a Moving Allowance of up to $1,000 to pay for authorized expenses for a move into or from the temporary/second-owned residence.
- ALTERNATIVE LIVING ALLOWANCE - Members eligible for but not claiming temporary residence and living expenses in any month are entitled to reimbursement for authorized overnight stay expenses. The maximum is 8 overnight stays per month.
- ALLOWANCE FOR EXPENSES OF ATTENDING INTERSESSIONAL COMMITTEES - A Member who is a member of a Standing or Special Committee is entitled to reimbursement for authorized expenses incurred to attend an intersessional committee meeting. The amount of reimbursement is based on the actual expenses incurred by the Member, as approved by the Speaker.
- TELEPHONE PRIVELEGES - Members and their Constituency Assistants are eligible for the Legislative Assembly Management Commission's approved cell phone and Blackberry plan. These devices are the property of the Legislative Assembly. Arrangements for cell phones and Blackberries must be made through the Members' Allowances Office.