Years: 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003
Effective April 1, 2017, unless otherwise noted
- CONSTITUENCY ALLOWANCE - All Members are entitled to reimbursement for authorized expenses for the purpose of providing non-partisan access and service to constituents. Authorized expenses fall under the four categories of Office Space, Office Operation, Staff Salaries and Representation. The entitlement is set by region for Winnipeg, Southern, and Northern Members.
- Winnipeg Region - $61,245
- Southern Region - $56,790
- Northern Region - $54,672
The maximum annual limit for representation expenses is $9,187.
Equipment and furnishing items costing $196 and over are property of the Legislative Assembly.
- CONSTITUENCY OFFICE RENT ALLOWANCE - All Members are entitled to claim authorized constituency office rent expenses up to the monthly limit of $1,357 per Member. Constituency office rent must be paid directly by the Legislative Assembly to the landlord in accordance with the Member's lease filed with the Members' Allowances Office and signed claim forms. Rent amounts that exceed the monthly maximum expense will be applied to the Member's Constituency Allowance.
- CONSTITUENCY ASSISTANTS ALLOWANCE - All Members are entitled to pay a constituency assistant(s) from this allowance, a salary including holiday and vacation pay to a bi-weekly maximum of $1,894. The allowance also provides for the cost of employee benefits. Salary costs that exceed the bi-weekly maximum are then applied to the Member's Constituency Allowance.
- TRAVEL ALLOWANCE - All Members are entitled to reimbursement for authorized travel expenses. The maximum amount of travel expenses eligible for reimbursement for a Winnipeg Member is $6,508. For all other Members, the maximum amount for reimbursement varies depending on the size and location of the constituency. Out-of-Province travel expenses have an annual maximum limit of $3,792, within the Member's Travel Allowance amount.
- COMMUTER ALLOWANCE - Members representing constituencies outside Winnipeg and not entitled to or not claiming reimbursement for authorized temporary residence and living expenses may claim commuting and contingency stay expenses. Commuting trips are subject to a maximum of up to 6 round trips per week when the Assembly is sitting and up to 2 round trips per week when the Assembly is not sitting. Contingency stay expenses are subject to a maximum of up to 20 overnight stays per sessional period.
- LIVING ALLOWANCE - Members representing constituencies outside Winnipeg, who maintain a residence in both Winnipeg and their constituency, and whose residences in their constituencies are further than 50 kilometers from the Legislative Building are entitled to reimbursement for authorized temporary residence and living expenses. Temporary residence expenses such as rent and utilities if for rental accommodation or expenses such as property taxes, mortgage interest and utilities if for a second-owned residence may be claimed up to a maximum of $1,268 per month. Living expenses such as groceries, cleaning supplies and meals may be claimed up to a maximum of $771 per month when the Assembly is sitting plus 2 additional months, plus any month in which special or standing committees meet. Otherwise the maximum is $166 per remaining non-sessional months.
- MOVING ALLOWANCE - Effective for Members elected on or after October 4, 2011, a Member who is eligible for the Living Allowance is also eligible for a Moving Allowance of up to $1,000 to pay for authorized expenses for a move into or from the temporary/second-owned residence.
ALTERNATIVE LIVING ALLOWANCE - Members eligible for but not claiming temporary residence and living expenses in any month are entitled to reimbursement for authorized overnight stay expenses. The maximum is 8 overnight stays per month.
- ALLOWANCE FOR EXPENSES OF ATTENDING INTERSESSIONAL COMMITTEES - A Member who is a member of a Standing or Special Committee is entitled to reimbursement for authorized expenses incurred to attend an intersessional committee meeting, as approved by the Speaker.